I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

More Autumn Beauty!





There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.
-  Nathaniel Hawthorne


falling leaves
hide the path
so quietly
John Bailey
Autumn, A Haiku Year.


There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!
Percy Bysshe Shelley


Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.
William Cullen Bryant

10 comments:

Lowell said...

I never tire of your "autumn beauty" shots. In this group, I especially liked the moon through the trees!

EG CameraGirl said...

OH! I really LOVE that beautiful yellow tree! The colours are just beginning to change in the Greater Toronto Area now.

Indrani said...

The first pic totally stunned me.
Grand sights!

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous color, then gorgeous gray! love!

Lois said...

I especially like that first picture!

genie said...

The moon, the fall leaves, and those gorgeous skies. This is a beautiful collection. You rely do have the eye for putting a series together with wonderful quotes.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Golden moments! YAM xx

magiceye said...

Super captures!

Mersad said...

I just adore this season. Your images are truly amazing. Especially the moon shot.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Joyful said...

These shots are fantastic! Just beautiful. Have a great weekend.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time