I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sky Watch!!

Welcome to this weeks Sky Watch!! And at this time of the year here in the northwest you may just hope to see some beautiful skies!!!  They have been all GRAY, rainy, snowy and cold for several weeks now, but the sun and the beauty will return and in the meantime we can enjoy staying in the house!!!
I’m sharing some skies captured earlier and they are the colorful ones we like to boast about!!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday season with lots of love and laughter and wintery beauty!!!

“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
John Steinbeck

“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."

[Meditations Divine and Moral]”
Anne Bradstreet,

I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
Edith Sitwell

28 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that first one is awesome!

EG CameraGirl said...

Super quotes. I'm sad that so many people complain constantly about winter. It's so negative and what an unhappy way to spend a quarter or more of the year. ;)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Keep nice and warm Sylvia... me I'm doing the opposite, trying to keep cool :) Beautiful skies as always.

Lowell said...

I really love the smoothness of that first shot! Gorgeous, though, all of them!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
...and that top shot is the TOP shot!!! YAM xx

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely shots, Sylvia!

forgetmenot said...

Beautiful skies, Sylvia! They just seem to be there about every night or so. Always pays to "look up". Have a lovely weekend. Mickie :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Gorgeous range of sky colours. Love the lighting on the water in the first photo.

sunshine said...

Great colors.

Barb said...

You have plenty of vivid skies to off set the gray! I like that Steinbeck quote.

Arija said...

Glorious shots as always Sylvia. Hope you have a great weekend!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful ... Worth waiting for as each of your quotes says much more beautifully than I. I'm kinda lonesome for family today ... Sometimes I'd be willing to trade my sunny skies for yours, just to be closer.

Light and Voices said...

Beautiful skywatch photographs. Meaningful quotes. Happy New Year! JM, Illinois

carol l mckenna said...

Marvelous sky shots and delightful captions ~ always a delight to visit here!

See you at the 'Oscars' ~

Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^

Lois said...

Beautiful pictures Sylvia! I love cold weather myself, but our winters are usually mild.

Jack said...

That top photo is a bit alarming. Looks almost like a tornado forming.

Al said...

I love the cloud in that first shot, Sylvia. Believe it or not I enjoy cloudy days! I hope you're enjoying your new year so far!

Linda said...

Beautiful skies! I think I would still love spring if winter were shorter. A month would be enough for me.

rupam sarma said...

Awesome skies. Great clicks.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Really beautiful skies!! I like that anvil cloud!!

Indrani said...

Beautiful post for the day! Love the colors of sky!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some lovely colour back soon! Over here it's cold, snowy and gorgeous - at last!

amo sin blogg said...

Wonderful photos.

Valerie said...

A wonderful series of images and quotes Sylvia - thank you for sharing (and co-hosting!)

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sylvia, lovely quotes and gorgeous sky captures. I hope your weather clears up soon. Thanks for hosting!
Enjoy your evening, have a great weekend!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Well, you make winter sound almost good. Give me winter on the beach anytime.

Take care Sylvia!

genie said...

Wonderful quotes as always. You must have a magical quote book where you flip your wand around three times and up comes another fabulous quote. Your photos are so pretty this week, but there is something about the second one with what looks like what we would call a weeping willow. The way the light of the sun shines upon it is stunning.

NatureFootstep said...

I like the shape of the first cloud. It´s interesting :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time