I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Some Wisdom for the Weekend

And if we’re wise we can use it for much longer!!

Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much. -Helen Keller

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. -Henry J. Kaiser

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. -Charles Dickens

You may delay, but time will not. -Benjamin Franklin

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible
summer. -Albert Camus

I learned a long time ago... admire a big horse, saddle a small one. -L.J. Martin

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. -Henry Van Dyke
 Enjoy a beautiful day!!

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I really like the quote about the "invincible summer." I wish he'd said "invincible spring" though as I much prefer spring to summer. :)

Lowell said...

Excellent words of wisdom. I don't know Henry Van Dyke but I saw today that Dick Van Dyke is now 90 years young!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
True, every one of them! YAM xx

Michelle said...

Great words!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Some words of wisdom! Thanks Sylvia, stay warm!

Betty Manousos said...

great quotes to live by. thanks for sharing, dear sylvia.

have a blessed sunday! xoxo

Barb said...

I'm still pondering the horse one, Sylvia!

TexWisGirl said...

laughed at the horse one. :)

Jack said...

I loved the horse quote. You always have great material.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Words of wisdom indeed Sylvia, especially re big horses.. it's wise to stay away from them :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time